Thursday, May 1, 2008

MayDay!

So, this past weekend... Christen Walker became Christen DeBerry and moved 22 hours away from Dallas, so 28 hours away from me. I miss her, but her time for change came. It's weird for me, my first close friend to get married. Oh well, I knew it was coming I just didn't prepare for it! I love you Cwalk, uhh, I mean Cberry?

I changed my graduation date to May 2009. I didn't want to at first. Actually, I fought it like the plague or my 5th round of mono (yeah, I'm in the fifth round). But, after numerous talks with parents and close friends both here and abroad, I decided to move it back.

My application for med school opened today. Kent graduates June 7th. MCAT is June 13th. Guatemala is coming in July. Interviews for med school start in August. School is full-blown in September. I visit Christen and Eric in Virginia in October. Spencer gets married in October... ahh everything is coming so fast!

Lubbock isn't so bad. I'm actually starting to get used to the bad drivers and horrible wind and dust and hours from family. My guess: God is preparing me for where I'm going to med school. Right now, I have no clue. I don't even know where to apply. But He knows. And He knows where I will live, how I will pay for school, etc. I just have to trust those facts. And I'm working on it. I really am.

To my jungle friend: thanks. for making me tell you what was wrong. and sitting in silence on the other end of the phone instead of trying to tell me it would be ok. it's ok now. i just needed time. and some more God-given healing. i thought the healing had already happened, but i was wrong. so thanks, for prayers and silence and just being cool and learning two languages in a year. i'm jealous... can you tell? hah

I wish it would rain! Yay! Oh, I LOVE ASHLEY MILLER! are you seriously considering tech's nursing school? Man, just when I think I'm escaping this place, you and my little bro give me a reason to stay! :)

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Whew, you lead a busy life. So many cool things happening for you. So sorry to hear about the mono. Ick!!

Love you! Aunt Val

Ashley said...

i love you too viv! i miss you so much already, when we reunite can we eat some pineapple (but only if it is chopped with LOVE) :)

Anonymous said...

viv hello viv....i have entered this new cyberworld....can you hear me? am i coming through clear? I miss you!!!!!! yes yes you can call me cberry if you must! haha, oh my love, have fun in mtown...wave at the cdc as you pass by.....sigh. :)

Amanda said...

i feel pretty honored to have made your post.

i´m proud of you. for so many things. you are going to have an amazing summer. and yes, you will be changed and your plans will change . . . and it is scary . . . but it is also one of the most amazing rides of your life!

te amo muchisimo. estoy orando para ti. no te olvides tu biblia cuando vayas a guatamala.