Sunday, November 22, 2009

Time flies when you're...?

I can distinctly remember walking off the plane in Port au Prince and asking God, out loud, "what the crap am I doing here?"

Now, after births and teaching classes on HIV and first aid and teaching school everyday, I only have a month left before Christmas break.

I have been able to witness so much in so little time.

This week is Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday. I am definitely going to miss my Texas (and Iowa) family on Thursday, but the Heartline family is having Thanksgiving at the Buxmans, so I will be in good company.

I am going to hate missing out on black Friday deals though... oh well. My dad will have to go with my mom at 5am Friday. Should be an interesting experience for him.

Please continue praying for Jessica and her mom, Kris. Two great women in need of support, encouragement, love and prayers to Jesus.

-when you're... having fun/having new experiences/meeting new people/learning about Christ/meeting people where they are/ take your pick!

1 comments:

Valerie said...

We miss you too! A Texas Thanksgiving with the fam is hard to beat but we will try with our big chance of snow and the four of us together in Iowa :) Love you!!