Monday, December 28, 2009

From afar

I returned to Dallas last Monday and haven't stopped whirling. Until right now, a week later. Only two weeks left then back to Haiti and the kids I miss sooo much!

Within this first week, I got to enjoy meeting new family and had some official Mema's cinnamon rolls. Received games to bring back to Port and a new scarf... which obviously isn't needed where I live.

Got to see a friend from London and my Marine friend back from a second tour in Iraq/Afghanistan. It was weird: all three of us overseas in such different situations. Cool and good, but weird.

My oldest brother lives at home again, so it has been a fantastic people-watching exercise in my own living room.

I have only had to bite my tongue about 400 times to keep from screaming 'YOU ARE SHALLOW' and 'GOD IS SO MUCH BIGGER THAN YOUR VERSION OF HIM'. Four hundred isn't too bad for my town, so I'm counting my blessings.

I saw snow on Christmas Eve and had to wear a sweater to my grandparents' house on Christmas day... a first for me on both accounts. I'm missing my hot weather home.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Had so much fun with you Christmas day...even in our sweaters!! Enjoy you next 2 weeks. Missing you already!

Allison said...

"I didn't know Haiti was hot!" Kidding :) Miss you already!

T and T Livesay said...

I have an awesome snowmobile suit I got you for Christmas, it is waiting for you here.

Anonymous said...

It was so great getting to see you! I hope you have fun being home. :]

Anonymous said...

Heartline's web page seems to indicate you are all okay after the earthquakes.

To the God who reminds us all to "Fear Not" because He is with us!!!

Praying for you all.

- Ed