Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Was that Renald?

I spend very little time at my house right now, but when I am here, Renald is too. He generally runs around the table, dragging stickers behind him, and cries. However, last night a funny thing happened...

He farted. Not just a quiet, little fart. A huge one. Megan and I laughed for an extended period of time. He didn't know what do, so he started running around and screaming. It was hilarious. Turns out it wasn't just noise. Oh well. Worth the laugh.

I began the potty-training adventure whole-heartedly, only to be annihilated by Phoebe's uncanny way of not answering questions. She understands what to do, and has even used the toilet successfully multiple times; however, once toilet water has been splashed all over the floor, myself, and her monkey, I have hit my limit. Yes, I hate changing her massive poopy diapers... but Tara and Troy return on Friday and it won't be my job anymore. :) Goodbye $100. I got close.



Today was fun. Hope read half of One Fish, Two Fish before lunch and did a terrific job. She is super excited to see the fam return. I did her hair today... it is interesting. She loves it though, so I guess I did okay.

We danced, we ate, we jumped, we watched Criminal Minds, we played dress-up, we took silly pictures, and we didn't poop in the toilet.

3 comments:

megan haug said...

i've tried to tell Phoebe how disgusting her poopy diapers are-- but she doesn't seem to care.

i still laugh about the fart.

today was a good day. even though we didn't poop in the toilet.

Allison said...

Well I just read your first entry, but now that I know you have a blog I can't wait to read more at home! I loved the e-mail you sent to Bill. Over 100 mosquito bites??? OUCHIE! I used to complain about seven on one leg. Hope you're doing well! When you get a chance can you e-mail me the address where I can send you stuff? Thanks!! AFields2@twu.edu

Lindstrom Livesays said...

Love the photos! Lydia should be happier when Mommy gets there! Won't be long! You all did a great job! :) KL