Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hot or cold



So, my choices for a shower are, apparently, as follows:

1. Cold and oh so refreshing with zero water pressure

or

2. Hot and not refreshing at all with terrific-enough pressure to allow me to put conditioner in my hair AND rinse it out, which is a feat in itself

which leaves me in this conundrum…

Why do I care about my shower when I measured a mother’s tummy today that might lose her child? And that it is breaking me apart to not have the knowledge or the equipment to tell her what’s wrong? Or how about the woman who is pregnant and is HIV+ and gained some weight today but still has no hope in her eyes and I can’t do anything to change that? Or the girl who is four years younger than me who is about to become a mom and a woman when she so obviously is not ready?

My battles in this life are so insanely, laughably small compared to what I saw today alone. God is working through Heartline and with these women for sure. I just wish I could heal them all… but then why would they so desperately need Jesus Christ?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your perspective is mark-on! "...then why would they need Jesus..."

I would say, only shower when the stench becomes so bad the others around you can tell the difference between your smell and Port's smell! :)

~Amy in WI

Anonymous said...

Good perspective Viv - hope you are doing well!

megan haug said...

there's hot water at the guest house?!!!!

but you're right... that stuff so does not matter. but. i'm still happy about the hot water.