Monday, September 28, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane

My house is out of power tonight. Megan and I are sleeping at the Livesay's to try to maintain some sanity before they leave for forever tomorrow. Not forever... only ten days. That's what they say anyway. They are leaving the diapered ones with me and Megan so why return?

This majorly planned, mapped out, Minnesotan journey will be a learning experience. Living in Haiti, speaking minimal Kreyol and helping manage 5 kids. Oh, I'm potty-training Phoebe while they are gone... did I say learning experience already?


Tara is running the marathon on Sunday and has raised over $50k for malnourished Haitian kids. I wish I could be there to cheer her on BUT I am staying here to help the younger ones cheer her on in spirit. The plan is to post a daily update, hopefully with a video, to prove everyone is still alive and wishing for air conditioning.

Pray for Tara and her sister, Tina, as they run on Sunday. Pray for people to keep donating to save even more kids with Medika Mamba. Pray that the Livesays make it to the States in one piece and that they return with a buttload of tootsie rolls. Pray for Paige's speech about Renald at the banquet on Sunday night. And, if you think about, pray for Jerrone, Minuchska, Megan and myself. But only after you have prayed for those before us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up with the out of power thing? That shouldn't be happening.

RJM

jdvingram said...

I'm praying for you first. That's my job!