Monday, September 7, 2009

The other cheek

This song basically captures my journey in Haiti so far… what I’ve seen, who I’ve held, where I’ve been, what I’ve smelled, what I’ve felt. And I haven’t really done anything yet. God is powerful. What an understatement.

                            

And the problem is this: we were bought with a kiss.
But the cheek still turned, even when it wasn’t hit.
And I don’t know what to do with a love like that.
And I don’t know how to be a love like that.
When all the love in the world is right here among us,
And hatred too. And so we must choose what our hands will do…
Where there is pain, let there be grace.
Where there is suffering, bring serenity.
For those afraid, help them be brave.
Where there is misery, bring expectancy.
And surely we can change; surely we can change something.
And the problem, it seems, is with you and me;
Not the Love who came to repair everything.
Where there is pain, let us bring grace.
Where there is suffering, bring serenity.
For those afraid, let us be brave.
Where there is misery, let us bring them relief.
And surely we can change; surely we can change.
Oh surely we can change something.
Oh, the world’s about to change…
The whole world’s about to change…

5 comments:

Molly said...

Hi sweet girl, I am loving your blog! Will be praying for you and your family & friends in Haiti. Love you.

T and T Livesay said...

Viv-
Sometimes this song comes on while I am running and all of a sudden I am bawling. It is a good Haiti song.

mwah! we love you.

Anonymous said...

Magnificent phrase

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.